|Civil Calendars Improvements|
|The North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts is pleased to announce the availability, beginning December 17, 2012, of a new optional calendar feature that simplifies and streamlines the posting of civil calendars to the nccourts.org website and allows attorneys to search these posted calendars by bar number. With this new feature, civil calendars are very easy to create and post from both the Civil Case Processing System (VCAP) and from CaseWise.|
1.) For counties that choose to use this new feature, posting civil calendars to the web is much easier, resulting in substantial time savings:
- Calendars can now be posted to nccourts.org with just a few clicks, replacing the current manual posting process, which consists of several steps that must be executed precisely for calendars to post properly. Furthermore, separate file transfer software is no longer needed to post calendars to the website.
- Calendars are posted immediately.
- Court staff members may now delete calendars from the website themselves, rather than take the time to contact the NCAOC Help Desk to do the deletions.
- The date and time the calendar was generated is now displayed on the calendar.
2.) Attorneys can search civil calendars statewide by attorney bar number from nccourts.org:
- The new query by bar number will list all of the attorney's court dates statewide, for all counties that are participating. Attorneys can determine which calendars are included by using "Select county to view information about which calendars are posted," which appears on the Civil Calendar Attorney Query by Bar Number search results webpage.
- Attorneys no longer must search through hundreds of individually posted calendars to find their court dates.
The system pilot began in October 2012 in the following counties: Ashe, Cabarrus, Caswell, Davidson, Franklin, Haywood, Mecklenburg, Rowan, and Wake. We are now offering this new feature to all counties statewide.
More Information: Searchable Civil Calendars Progress
|Publish Date: 02/01/2013|